Veneers And Cosmetic Crowns
Veneers are sometimes used to change the colour, shape and appearance of anterior (front) teeth in what is commonly referred to as Cosmetic Dentistry. Veneers may be made out of different materials and are often custom made through a specialised dental laboratory to achieve a natural and beautiful appearance. Veneers can be used to make subtle or significant improvements to your smile. Your dental practitioner can advise you on suitable options with regard to cosmetic changes.
Crowns can also be used for cosmetic purposes and are typically done on teeth that have already had fillings or other extensive dental work.
Bleaching And Tooth Whitening
At CP Dental we offer a range of options for our patients who wish to achieve a whiter and brighter smile.
We offer 1 hour instant tooth whitening for patients wanting a quick boost for their smile, but alternatively, patients may choose to bleach their teeth at home using a specially designed kit.
Custom made bleach trays are made from an impression taken of the patients mouth. These trays, which have a bleaching solution applied are worn for approximately 45 minutes a day for 10-14 consecutive days. In-home bleaching has proven, beautiful results. CP Dental offers two bleaching kits, Poladay and Opalescence, our friendly team can help you decide which kit is best for you and your needs.
A beautiful smile doesn’t end with beautiful teeth alone.
Anti-wrinkle injections are a safe and effective way to freshen and revitalise the face, reducing or eliminating fine lines and wrinkles. By temporarily relaxing those facial muscles that cause wrinkles, we can achieve a rejuvenated, more youthful appearance.
Areas that are commonly treated include:
- crow’s feet or laughter lines around the eyes
- frown lines between the eyebrows
- forehead lines
- smokers lines around the mouth
- chin creasing and dimpling
- bunny lines across the bridge of the nose
As well as the common upper face wrinkles, treatment with anti-wrinkle injections can be used to reduce the appearance of and pain associated with overdeveloped or over-active muscles;
- masseter/bruxism/cheek pain; the masseter muscles of the cheeks can become overdeveloped in people who grind or clench their teeth resulting in significant pain and discomfort. This often also results in the development of a wide face or ‘square jaw’. By relaxing these muscles, pain can be reduced or eliminated and we can see a narrowing of the width of the face.
- Gummy smile; many patients complain of displaying too much gum above their front teeth when they smile. By relaxing the overactive muscles beside the nose we can reduce the amount of gum display without effecting the natural smile.
- Downturned smile/depressor anguli oris muscle; these muscles are responsible for depressing the angles of the mouth downwards resulting in a downturned smile. By reducing this pull we can create a fresher, happier appearance.
Most patients can expect the effects of anti-wrinkle injections to be seen between 3-10 days and typically last between 3-6 months.
Dermal fillers can be used to restore lost volume and smooth out various lines and depressions to regain a more youthful appearance. Dermal fillers can also be used to volumise and define the lips.
Dermal fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, a natural compound found in our skin, eyes and joints. As we age we produce less of this compound resulting in loss of skin volume, sagging and creasing.
Hyaluronic acid attracts water to the area of injection and hence aids in hydrating the skin and lips, resulting in a fresher and healthier appearance.
Commonly treated areas include:
- The lips
- Marionette lines; lines descending from the corner of the mouth to the chin
- Nasolabial folds; lines descending from the corner of the nose to the corner of the mouth