Kids Dentistry in South Brisbane at CP Dental
CP Dental is proud to provide kids dentistry in South Brisbane and the Central Highlands and we’re committed to protecting young smiles and creating long-lasting relationships that start from infancy.
As a kid-friendly dental group, we know that a child’s first visit to the dentist can impact their oral health for the rest of their life – that’s why we go above and beyond to make your little one’s experience as fun as possible!
From your child’s very first dental visit to more comprehensive dental treatment, our friendly team at CP Dental can help. When it comes to kid’s dentistry in Mater Hill, Emerald and Coopers Plains, we offer a wide range of services such as check-ups, treatments for extensive decay and trauma, dental sealants, teeth cleaning and orthodontics.
We Make Kid’s Dentistry Fun at CP Dental
We make kids dentistry at our Emerald, Coopers Plains or Mater Hill practices fun. Your child can expect lots of laughter, a Polaroid photo, a fun ride in the dental chair and even a movie on our ceiling mounted screen. It’s really important to us that your child’s visit to our dental practice is a positive one so that they develop a healthy smile and good oral habits that last a lifetime.
We regularly see patients who suffer from anxiety when it comes to dental visits which have often developed due to a negative experience with a dentist at a younger age. We want to make sure this doesn’t happen for your children. What’s more, thanks to modern dental technology, visiting the dentist nowadays is a completely different experience to what it used to be. Our team of professionals are dedicated to making every visit – young or old – a positive one.
When to Bring My Child for Their First Dental Visit?
Your little one’s milk teeth will typically start to pop through 6 months of age. At CP Dental, we encourage parents to bring their children no later than the age of two years old. Essentially the earlier and more often your little one visits us, the less anxious they’re likely to be.
Check-ups from an early age are important because they also:
- help us to spot any dental issues, such as early signs of tooth decay
- allow us to treat small problems easily before they develop into bigger issues
- give parents the chance to chat over any concerns they may have
How to Prepare for my Child’s Visit?
At your little one’s first visit, we want them to feel as comfortable and confident as possible in the dental setting. Help your child prepare for their first appointment at CP Dental with the following tips:
- Be sure to teach your child that visiting the dentist is a regular and important part of life that will help their teeth stay strong and healthy
- Help them to understand that the dentist isn’t there to hurt them but rather to help their teeth
- Let your child know that the dentist will want to look inside their mouth using a special mirror to count all their teeth
- Try to always use positive words when talking about visiting the dentist
- Arrive a little early so that your little one can take a look around and become familiar with the dental setting beforehand
- Watch positive TV shows or read books that describe a kid’s first visit to the dentist
When it comes to kid’s dentistry in South Brisbane, we’re here to support you and your child throughout their dental development. You can trust our experienced, kid-friendly team to provide quality children’s dentistry in a caring, safe and fun environment.
Where eligible, we also accept (CDBS) Medicare Child Dental Benefit payments. To book your child’s visit or to learn more about children’s dentistry at Coopers Plains, Emerald or Mater Hill, contact us today at CP Dental.